In case you don’t follow me on Twitter this is what I was Tweeting about on Tuesday night.
The next time you are on Pearl Street I highly recommend Shine Restaurant which is owned and operated by the Emich triplets: Jessica, Jennifer and Jill.
Jessica is in charge of the kitchen and their entire kitchen is gluten-free. She has a masters degree in holistic nutrition. Jessica takes into consideration digestion, protein content and flavor when making a dish. She has created a menu that offers inexpensive, local and organic options such as:
- Grass-fed beef burgers with caramelized onions, avocado aioli and sweet potato fries
- Probiotic slaw sampler
- Buffalo chili with sour cream and house fermented salsa verde (shown in my Tweet picture above)
- Cauliflower mashers
- Coconut creamed kale
- Lasagna layered with spinach and local squash, hazel dell mushrooms and brown rice pilaf
- Tempura coconut shrimp with tamari and ginger remoulade (shown in my Tweet picture above)
- Mediterranean salad with mixed greens, beet hummus, sprouted quinoa tabouli, marinated cucumbers, goat’s milk feta and lemon vinaigrette
Yup, I ate that!
Gluten Free Chocolate Brownie with Coconut Ice Cream. It was fantastic.
In the back of the restaurant you will find “the gathering place” which is a large room for yoga classes and workshops, private events and live music.
I was there a couple weeks ago when Waylon Lewis recorded his Walk The Talk Internet Show. Waylon is the editor of Elephant Journal, a popular on-line yoga magazine. The night I was there he interviewed John Douillard, an Ayurvedic Doctor, regarding the importance of of eating animal protein. He also interviewed Richard Freeman, an Ashtanga yoga teacher and his wife Mary. Here are the videos from that show.
In the end, this is what the Emich triplets have this to say about their restaurant and gathering place:
It is a place for us all to nourish ourselves through food, community, dance, education and celebration. It is hub for us all to share our gifts, to explore, and to have fun doing it. It truly is a place where we can all Shine.
For more info go to the Shine website and definitely stop by next time you are in Boulder. Shine is my new favorite Healthy Discovery!