One of my favorite medical doctors will be on a PBS medical special beginning February 27, 2008. Daniel Amen, M.D., founder of the Amen Clinic is presenting his research about the brain and brain scans.
I haven’t seen the TV special, I’ve just heard about it. I really like Amen’s book, Change Your Brain, Change Your Life: The Breakthrough Program for Conquering Anxiety, Depression, Obsessiveness, Anger, and Impulsiveness. When I teach classes on compulsive overeating and addiction I reference this book. It is important to consider the brain when recovering from cravings of any kind. Amen is a pioneer in optimal brain health. Often symptoms of anxiety, impulsiveness, etc are thought of as psychological when they actually have a physiological basis. Amen’s work is fascinating. He gives practical tips to balance brain chemistry and ultimately feel better. If you or someone you know has concerns about brain issues, remember to mark your calendar; I think it will be very informative!
These are some of the things he is planning to speak about on PBS:
* 7 simple principles to change your brain and change your life.
* What question you should ask yourself everyday if you really want to be successful in your life.
* Learn how to be happier, more focused, less anxious and less depressed by balancing three important brain systems.
* Discover a “brain based strategy” to deal with the difficult people in your life.
* Tips to make a good brain great. You are not stuck with the brain you have, you can make it better, including how to prevent Alzheimer’s Disease.
Click here to see if PBS will be carrying the program in your city.